Monday, May 04, 2015

ColourPop Lippie Stix & Tie Dye Shadows


Hi Beauties!! May the 4th be with you! Hahaha! Hope you are enjoying this Star Wars themed day! 

So I wanted to write an article about ColourPop Cosmetics. They are an LA based company that prides themselves on being cruelty free AND affordable!! The product lineup currently consists of shadows, pigments, blush, highlighters, lipstick and lip liners. They are in a number of countries other than the U.S. and I know they are working on shipping worldwide! Check them out here=>Colour Pop 

Here is what I got from Colour Pop:

They even send little handwritten thank you cards in every box!! 

The shipping packaging is well designed and well padded! 

However despite being packaging extremely well, some product may receive damage: (Meow seen here)

Not to fear tho, their Customer Service was amazing and sent out a replacement right away! Gotta love great customer service teams!! 

The individual packaging is super cute as well: 



I will start out with the shadows I got! They are the "Super Shock Shadows" which come in a variety of finishes: (matte, tie dye, metallic, satin, pearlized, ultra metallic and pigment). 
There are also some shadows that fall under more than one category.

I got all the tie dye shadows which are: Meow, Pop Rocks and Mermaid Kiss. (Top to Bottom)

With Flash

Without Flash

They are incredibly creamy, and apply super smoothly. They are incredibly pigmented and ColourPop actually recommends you using your finger to apply them for the best application! I really like them actually! They are quite long wearing and don't feel heavy on the lid despite them being almost wet to touch. I haven't found that they crease on the lid either and I didn't have to set them with a powder! They dry to this nice powder finish that is easy to blend. These are actually also FILLED with glitter! The BEST part about these shadows is that they are only $5! 

Check out a quick video I made showing you the swatches in natural light glistening! =>Swatch Clip

I also got some of their "Lippie Stix". Each lipstick has its own matching pencil liner(or more than 1) but I have so many lip liners I didn't bother with them. The lippies also come in a variety of finishes: (matte, satin, cream, glossy, hyper glossy and pearlized). The lippies are also $5 as well as the lip liners! 

I got the following lippies:

The following lip swatches were taken in natural light with no flash and are not edited or filtered. This is to make sure you see the truest colour. Enjoy!

Here is BFF. I really like the colour. It has a glossy finish (not sticky at all!!). I found that I don't like the glossy finish as much as I like the others. I found the pigmentation to be quite good but I also found application to be kind of uneven. 


Next up is Westie! This is a matte finish! I am in love with this matte formula and I LOVE this colour! This is one of the most comfortable matte formulas I have come across! It doesn't seem to dry out my lips at all!

Next is Bound. Love this colour, it is almost identical to Westie on my lips except this is a glossy finish. Again I am not super fond of the glossy finish, it looks great once you have applied it but it takes a bit of work to make the coverage even.

This is Lumière! I love this colour!! It was a collaboration with YouTuber @KathleenLights! Check out her videos here=>KathleenLights 
This also is a matte finish and is slightly darker than my natural lip colour! Very pretty!

Next is Tootsi! Also a matte finish! I really really like this colour! I heard this was a good dupe for the Cashmere lipstick from LimeCrime and since everyone is boycotting LimeCrime I thought I would try this one out. Tootsi is nice but I don't think it is a dupe for Cashmere...it is very close tho. A very unique colour!

This is Go Fish! This is the hyper glossy formula and I love it!! It looks like a lipgloss on but highly pigmented!! Not sticky at all either! Somehow it is different to the glossy formula and it is a win for sure!! I'm loving the bright colour!! Perfect for Spring/Summer!! 

This is Julep! It is a cream finish! I really like this cream finish as well! Another win! Also, this coral is to DIE for!! It is soft and gentle but bright enough as well! Such a well balanced feminine colour!! Also not too orangey! LOVE! 

This is Bossy! A matte finish!! Have I said I love their matte formula?!? Okay well I will say it again!! I LOVE their matte formula!! I also am not too fond of orangey reds so I lean towards the bluer toned reds! This is the PERFECT red for me!! ❤️❤️

Next up is I ❤️ This! This is another matte finish. This is a bright, gorgeous reddish pink!! I'm in love!! Yes I really can say " I ❤️ This!" 

This is Scandy! This is a satin finish! I also really like the satin formula! This colour is AMAZING!! Very Barbie/ Nicki Minaj esq! 

The next one is Heart On. Yes, the name is funny! Another matte finish! Heart On is a little bit more blue than the I ❤️ This shade! Almost a pinky purple! 

Okay so this shade is another matte, SURPRISE! Haha! It's called Grind. It really reminds me of Heroine by MAC. Also similar to Melted Violet by Too Faced. I love purple lippys, or should I say "Lippie"s. 

The last (but not least) Iippie I got was Flawless. It is a satin finish! I honestly thought it would be a bit darker but I really like it nonetheless! It is like a deep raspberry/grape tone! 

And there you have it! 

I will for sure be ordering from ColourPop in the future. I am super impressed with their products and can't wait to try new ones! I love that they are cruelty free and they also are Paraben and Sulphate free! The lippies feel super moisturizing and are super long wearing and the shadows don't crease and last a long time as well! (For deep set eyes like mine, I really was expecting some creasing but it was very very limited!) 

In my next review it will probably be more heavily weighted towards the eyeshadows but I really would like to try more Lippie Stix too. I will also take pics with a few looks I have done with the products! This was my first impression with the company and I am honestly impressed!
I should say the only negative about this company is that shipping to Canada is HORRENDOUS. <= is that a word?!? The price for each individual item is great though. They also have the highlighters and blush for $8 which is still reasonable because you get a bigger pan. 

What are your fave ColourPop products?!? What is on your wishlist!? Leave a comment down below! Shop ColourPop here=>Colour Pop 

Happy Shopping! Xx

If you liked this review then Don't forget to: 


No comments:

Post a Comment