Friday, August 29, 2014

Sephora Collection The Painter Airbrush Sponge



Hi guys! Okay, so just ignore my brutal nails! I need a mani!! I needed a new beauty blender and decided to try out the one from Sephora's line, The Sephora Collection. I read mixed reviews online so I was really not sure of this product, I had to try it for myself! 

All of their airbrush sponges are $15, which is quite expensive for a "dupe". The real thing costs $26 and I have seen other knockoffs elsewhere anywhere from as low as $1, so I figured this must be a really close knockoff! The airbrush sponges come in a few different shapes, I chose "The Painter." This one has a flat side to "paint" on foundation, concealer etc and also has the contoured and flat sides for blending. It was also a really bright purple and I was super excited to come home and try it out! 

Here is what Sephora's site had to say about it, which kind of sold me: 
"What it is:
A makeup application sponge with a unique angle for contouring and precision. 

What it does:
The Painter Sponge helps you achieve a flawless-looking complexion. It features a slanted end for expert accuracy, helping you reach small areas of the face, and an improved ergonomic shape for optimal grip. The flat bottom is used for stippling effect to create a professional, streak-free, airbrushed finish. It helps to deliver sheer, buildable coverage with faster application than brushes or fingers. Washable and reusable, it works well with all makeup including creams, liquids, powders, and minerals, evenly applying formula for a stunning look. 

What else you need to know:
This product is latex-free."


However, I should probably note that the rating on the site is only 3 stars....⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

It is also available in orange.



The product was not bad, application wise. The blending ability was also mediocre. I only used it damp but I still found that it sucked up my product and actually wiped away some product from my face. I used this sponge once and then washed and left it to dry. I pressed it between my palms in order to squeeze out the water, I never once wrung it or twisted it. I followed the instructions on the box and in the little package. This is what it looked like after one use and a very, very light wash. 
As you can see, the bright flourecent purple has completely washed out (with water before cleanser) and there are cracks and tears all over the sponge! I have no idea how this even happens as the sponge dry still isn't hard to the touch!! I had read however, that this is apparently what this brand of sponge does. I read reviews saying it breaks off on their face, cracks in half after one use or dye runs all over their face or hands when they are washing it. At the same time there are a lot of positive reviews about this sponge as well. 

In my honest opinion, this was not worth my $15 and I will be purchasing a replacement Beauty Blender for $26. I didn't love the application or the blending and the quality was sub par to other knockoffs on the market. I am quite disappointed in Sephora for releasing this product. I should have heeded everyone else's warning of this product! After all it only had 3 stars on Sephora's own site! If you do still want to try this sponge for yourself you can find it here! ---> Sephora The Painter Airbush SpongeXx

No comments:

Post a Comment