Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shoemint Ivanna (Blush)

Happy Saturday!!! Okay so.....I haven't ordered anything from SHOEMINT in forever!! They were having a $30 mint cash to apply to anything purchased at the beginning of May so I decided to try something.  Shipping to Canada is usually $20 and so the $30 covered the shipping in full and then took 10$ off my purchase price so I was a happy girl. I chose Ivanna in blush. 


 I must say, I really do like this shoe! It is very dainty, classic, simple, sexy and VERY well made. It is real suede as well. The suede is soft and supple! One thing i enjoy about SHOEMINT shoes is that the quality is pretty much always superb! You definitely get your money's worth in a shoe! I also love the chain detail at the top, it gives a little bit of oomph to the shoe!


I rolled up my denim so you can see the cute ankle straps and heel too! 

The blush colour of the suede is very nice too, I love wearing blush or nude shoes, especially with dresses!! When the shoe blends in from far away, especially when you are wearing a minimalist style like this one, it looks like you have legs for days! Here is the colour with the flash and without! 






Okay so let's talk about the fit. The site advised to order a .5 a size up due to the top strap being narrow. So I went from a 9 to a 10 (they have no 9.5 in this style) and this is how she fits. While the length of the shoe is perfection for me, the width STILL feels too narrow! I know a lot of women who would still rock Ivanna just like this, but for me, and on my foot, I would just rather not. I think it just looks weird on my foot and I think my foot looks too wide and too flat in them! They kind of look like they pull my toes in an awkward shape! I LOVE how they look on my feet on the inner sides but HATE how they look from the outer sides and the front and the top! Haha! Unfortunately as much as I love these shoes, they are going to go back. 😞 Here are some pics that better show the fit:


So even though they look a bit uncomfortable, they actually aren't. The strap is narrow but it is not actually cutting in. The heel is quite low and very manageable. It is a single sole sandal, meaning there is no platform. A lot of women prefer these types of shoe nowadays. (For me I love both platforms and single soled!) Now before I write a review, I usually wear them AT LEAST around the house for a full day so I can be totally honest about the comfort. I HAVE NOT worn these very long at all -because I am sending them back- so I cannot say if someone could wear these all day. I would guess that if you have the correct fit and narrow feet that these would be a good work shoe and very comfortable. I also think that if I wore these a bit more then they would stretch since they are real suede. But I am not going to take a chance, just because of how MY feet look in them! If you are going to get them I would say follow the site's advice and order a half of a size up. If you have a wider foot or a low instep in my honest opinion I would just say pass on these shoes. Everyone's feet are different tho, so if you love them you can always give them a try!  

I will say that Shoemint has stepped up on the shipping times, I ordered these just before the weekend (Thursday night late, Friday morning they shipped) and then got them on the Monday after the weekend! I was impressed!! I forgot to mention that Ivanna also is available in black!! On the black the top strap is actually patent leather underneath the chain! Check them out here : SHOEMINT ! Happy shopping and have a great weekend!! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment