Monday, November 25, 2013

Romaine Lettuce Paleo Burgers!

         Hiiii! So since doing the double 30 day challenges on top of my regular workouts, I have been craving a juicy burger. Not to mention Pepsi and rootbeer but we won't even go there right now. I figured I would try making my own version of a Paleo burger.
        I chose extra extra lean ground beef but you can do lean ground turkey. Added my special seasoning including cayenne (boosts metabolism) and a lot of crushed scotch bonnet. (I like spicy!!!)

     I added a couple eggs but just the whites. I put yokes in a little snack baggy to use for scrambled eggs for the kids in the week or baking. :)

       I grated a whole medium onion, (you can also grate carrots or parsnips as well) and made them into  slider size patties.

      I used the frying pan this time cuz it's like -24 out and I'm not turning on the BBQ.

           I made my own BBQ sauce and added that Pepsi I was craving! And of course some more scotch bonnet ;) 
     
       I used small-med sized Roma tomatoes.

            And the healthiest version of slaw sauce/ burger sauce I could find ;) To counter the bacon the cheese :/ 
   
       I know people use iceberg lettuce or spinach but I figured I would make do with some romaine hearts. 

       Finished product! I ate two and they were amazing!!!! Xx
















No comments:

Post a Comment