Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sneakers with your NYE dress????

         Hi! So I was scrolling through the latest fashion trends as usual. And I come across this monstrosity......(now I am not really a hater of trends but...have a look for yourself....)
        These pictures are from whowhatwhere.com as you can see in the screenshot. I just couldn't believe my eyes! Like, really? A cocktail dress with running shoes??? I saw this picture and seriously said out loud "what the hell is this?"  I feel like they were playing a joke on me so I clicked to see more ways to wear sneakers and shoes and they really don't get any better......
No.......but this whole outfit is kinda frumpy to me so....

No.....but not horrible if you are going for that retro-I-sing-in-a-band look....

 
Just, no!

     Now don't get me wrong! I love wearing some Nikes or Jordans and I even own a couple wedge sneakers (I know, I know) but I just can't wear them with business attire or formal dresses! Ringing in the new year in a sparkly mini dress and my sweaty Air Pegasus from the same evening's Zumba class is JUST NOT FOR ME! I mean what exactly do they think heels are for? Or even some dressy flats if you want practicality!!

      I pair sneakers (other than working out) with some cute jeans and a cute top running around doing errands or theme park or zoo days. Sometimes it is important to have practical shoes! (as much as I would love to wear sexy heels everywhere...) To follow the trend, pair them with a nice fitted peacoat in a bright colour! I did this when I took my kids to the zoo and had to walk around and carry them all day. This is the FARTHEST I will go with this dressing up gym shoes trend! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment